Post-Divorce Enforcement and Modification

Post-Divorce Enforcement and Modification

Modifying Your Divorce Decree

After a divorce is finalized, former spouses may need legal counsel for a range of modifications to their divorce decree or marital settlement agreement. When clients  need representation for a legal issue post divorce, the attorneys at Ulrichsen Rosen & Freed LLC will provide clients with experienced guidance.

Representation for Changes in Support, Custody and More

Clients need representation after a divorce is finalized for many reasons, such as:

  • Spouses may not see issues or be ready to decide them at the time of divorce. In some situations, parents divorce when their children are young, and they leave the issue of paying for the children’s college education unresolved until the time comes. READ MORE
  • Alimony and child support orders may need adjustments because of substantial changes in the circumstances of either spouse. READ MORE
  • Child custody and parenting-time orders may need a modification based on changes in either the parents’ or children’s circumstances. READ MORE
  • One spouse may not follow the terms of a divorce, leading to actions for enforcement. READ MORE

Modification and Enforcement Attorneys

When clients need to modify or enforce an existing agreement or obligation the attorneys at Ulrichsen Rosen & Freed LLC  will review the marital settlement agreement or court order and discuss the reason for the modification or enforcement to determine the most effective approach. In some cases, we may recommend and file a post-judgment motion requesting court action. In others, negotiation, mediation or some other approach may better serve the client’s needs. Our lawyers have the experience and flexibility to let the client’s  specific circumstances guide our approach.

We provide representation for all post divorce related issues for clients living throughout New Jersey including Mercer County, Somerset County, Hunterdon County, Middlesex County and Burlington County.

Schedule an initial consultation to learn how we can help you. Call us at 609-730-3850 or send us a secure message online.